There are many skills required to create a top-quality website and promote it in the right way.
These skills include:
- Web Design
- Graphic Design
- Branding & Logo Design
- Online Marketing
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Social Media Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Pay-Per-Click Advertising.
In this article we will be discussing some top tips for success online.
Things To Consider
Hopefully, these tips will help you to evaluate your current website as well as give you some important questions to ask any web developer you might be looking to employ.
The first consideration when creating a website is design. Trends move very quickly in web design so it is easy for a website to look dated. However, with the right amount of research, creative thought and design you should be able to produce a website that can promote your business successfully for the next 3-4 years.
Secondly, it is important to consider the main objectives of your website. For example, is the main objective to sell a product or get potential clients to contact you? These differences will help to design your website towards achieving these goals.
Thirdly, you must consider how the website performs “under the hood”. It is vital to have a website that provides all the correct information to Google, is viewable on all devices and is easy to update and manage.
The Top Ten Tips for Online Success
- Make your website stand out from the crowd.
- Invest in good, professional photography.
- Brand identity should be consistent.
- Make sure your website is well-structured and easy to navigate.
- Make your contact details prominent.
- Make sure you use strong calls-to-action such as ‘Buy Now’ or ‘Contact Us’. This will help to achieve your goals.
- Make sure your website is mobile friendly. With over 50% of searches being made on a mobile device, can you afford to lose out on this potential business?
- Your website should be easy to update without the help of a web developer.
- Offer genuinely informative content to help your potential customers make an informed decision.
- Engage with your target audience through social media, email marketing and advertising.